Discord is a way to connect with people online that lets you share text, chat, voice, and video. It has millions of users which make the app one of the best-communicating app. Often while connecting, we need to share our screen, so if you are also wondering how to share a Mobile or PC screen on Discord, then you are reading the right article. We can use Discord on almost all the platforms like Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, etc.
Everyone can create an account on Discord for free. They mostly meant the app for game developers to share their stuff in their respective communities. After a significant response from many years, the app developed itself, and now not only developers but everyone can have access to the app where you can talk about your day, share jokes or memes, etc.
You can also have voice chat which many a time is more effective than text chats. Now almost people use the app to be connected.
You might know that earlier Discord never offered the option of screen sharing if you are its user for years. After taking feedback from the users, it finally came u with the screen sharing feature in its app and now the feature is not only available on the desktop platforms but also on the mobile app.
If you were also not aware of this feature of the app, then you are in the correct place. We have drafted the perfect guide to share the screen on Discord for PC and mobile for you.
To Download Discord for Android
Table of Contents
How to Screen Share on Discord on Android, iPhone, and iPad
- Screen share allows us to share from both Android and iOS.
- Screen sharing is supported on Android 5 and above. However, audio sharing is only available on Android 10 and above.
- The notifications can pop up while you are Screen Sharing, to avoid that turn ON “Do not disturb” mode if you want others should not be able to see the notifications as Screen Sharing shows all the notifications while you are sharing the screen.
- Many of the apps don’t support screen sharing like Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. If you try to share the screen on these apps, then it will show a black screen.
Share Screen On Discord For PC
- Install the Discord app on your device for the operating system you are using, like macOS, Windows, or Linux.
- Now you need to select your friends from your friends list and invite them or simply invite the friends you want.
- You will find an option of “Start Video Call ” on the top of the Direct Message window and don’t forget to turn on your camera.
- Now for sharing your screen, you need the press the button “Share Your Screen” beside the Turn On Camera button after you both get connected on the call.
- Then there come two tabs that are applications and screens. In the Applications tab, you will find a few apps that you can share and in the Screens tab, you will share your entire screen.
- Tap on the “Go Live” button if you want to change your previous choices by choosing a different streaming app from this screen.
Share Screen In Voice Channel
- 1. In Discord mobile app, open your voice channel where you want to share the screen.
- To join the channel, you need to click on “Join Voice”.
- Click on the “Share Screen” option at the bottom of the panel.
- iPhone users must click on “Start Broadcast” and Android users must click on the “Start Now” option.
- Now whatever you do on your screen is visible to all. Therefore, minimize the app and open the game or app that you want to share.
How To Change The Window Or Stream Quality While Streaming
Tap on the arrow on the Screen Share button. Now, to change the quality, just click on “Stream Quality” and if you want to select a different window or screen, then just click on “Change Windows”. screen, These options make it simpler to make changes on the screen after starting the stream.
How To Mute Or Unmute The Microphone While Sharing The Screen
To mute yourself, you have to press the Microphone button, then you will notice a red-colored slash on the button. When you are done with your work and if you want to make yourself unmute, then click on the Microphone button again to unmute yourself.
To choose between input and output devices, press the arrow on the microphone button. Also, make sure “Voice activity” is considered under “Input mode” for continuous audio input. If “Push to Talk” is enabled, press a button whenever you want your voice heard while streaming.
How To Screen Share On Discord With Sound
Audio sharing is only available when you are sharing the application window. Now go to the app which you want to share on Discord with audio, then select an application window when you are asked to select something you want to share.
There may be chances that the voice may not be audible to the other person, so make sure that you increase the volume of your device.
Many operating systems and browsers like Linux do not support the feature of audio sharing. The feature is also available on Windows sharing apps, Chrome browser, Discord mobile apps, and macOS.
If you notice that your audio or screen sharing is not working, then do not use the app or the game in full-screen mode. Instead, use it in the minimized mode
If in some situations you are in need to record the screen then open the “Open the Control Center” on your iPhone or iPad and you will find the “Screen Recording” button then touch and hold it The Screen recording will appear on the screen. Now tap on the “Microphone” button to enable it.
How To Stop Screen Sharing
Click on the red Disconnect button to end the call completely or tab on the “Screen Share” button to end up the call, but partially and not completely.
When you are using the mobile app Discord, then to stop sharing, click on the “Stop Sharing” button.
Download Discord for Android.
Please let me know in the comment section, what helped you the most. Do check out the best How To Fix eBay App Error