Android users kept wondering how to send the bulk of files, media, and links, within no time whereas iOS users had an option of AirDrop through which files and folders can be shared way sooner.
With the AirDrop feature in iOS devices, it’s now easier than ever to send group photos with friends and families. Using this feature, you need not compromise the quality of the files and folder. The most significant advantage of the AirDrop feature is that you can share your files and folders in real time.
Lots of third-party apps can be used to transfer the data, but both users must have the same app to share the data. Now, Android users have the ‘Nearby Share’ feature which makes Android users’ work much simpler. But before using the feature, you need to explore a few more things about the feature to use it well. So here is a comprehensive guide for you.
So let’s dive into it!!
Table of Contents
How to share files from iPhone to Android using AirDrop
To share files from iPhone to Android, we can use the ShareDrop website in your Android browser to receive files from iPhone.
ShareDrop is a P2P transfer website that you can use as a tool to send or receive files from iPhone to Android or vice versa. ShareDrop works exactly like AirDrop but in the Android browser, which allows Android users to receive files from iPhone users.
sharedrop.io creates a virtual room that sets the receiver and sender at the same frequency and makes a connection so that the file transfer happens seamlessly.
What Is AirDrop For Androids
With the ‘Nearby Share’ feature of Android, sharing is now more acceptable and conducive. It’s more like Apple’s AirDrop, but it’s compatible only with Android devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
Check if you have “Nearby share“
- Click on Google on your Android device, and search for “Google Play Services.” Tap on the “Google Play Services”.
- You will see the app’s Play Store listing. Tap the “Update” button if it appears.
- Then open the “Settings” menu on your Android device. You can either swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the “Gear” icon, or open the list of apps from the home screen and locate the “Settings” app. There, you will find the “Google” option. Select the option.
- As you go down, you will find the option of “Device Connections” and then search for “Nearby Share”.
- If you see the “Nearby Share” option is provided, then move on to set it up.
How to Use AirDrop (Nearby Share) on Android?
Try to navigate for nearby share on your device as you need not install it once you get the feature in your device. If you want to check whether you have the Nearby Share feature, you can follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Click on the “Google” option.
- Look for the “Device and Sharing” option and tap on it.
- If Nearby Share is on the list, then you are there to go.
Still, if you cannot find the Nearby Share option on your device, then you have not got that option on your device.
The Nearby feature must be there on both devices to share files, folders, links, photos, videos, etc. It is a must to have the feature activated for the smooth sharing of files.
If you are going to share the file, make sure that the interface of your device is active that is your phone is unlocked. It is necessary that both devices are active to share the file from one device to the other.
- If you are sharing a link with another user, then go to the website whose link you want to share
- Click on the three-dot icon on the upper rightmost of the screen.
- Tap on the Share option
- In the Share Via section, tap on the Nearby Share option.
- In many of the devices, the Nearby Share option is there in the shortcut so that you can access it easily.
- Once you activate the feature, it will start searching for the devices to share.
- You will get a notification that the Nearby device is sharing if you are the receiving one.
- Click on the notification so that you are visible.
- Now the sender can tap its name from the Nearby Share list.
- Tap on the “Accept” option so that the device can start sharing.
- Within a bit of time, the sharing is complete, and you are done.
Where to Download AirDrop on Android?
Once you go through your device and look for the Nearby Share feature in it you need not install that and make sure that we update the feature for smooth functioning. Here are the steps on how to verify if you have AirDrop on Android installed on your device:
Via The Settings App
- Tap on the “Settings” option on your device.
- Then click on Google > Device connections.
- Check whether you can see Nearby Share and then enable the feature.
Now, that’s the end!! As we saw that it’s very similar to Apple’s AirDrop feature. As nowadays sharing has become the most common feature for all of us and the Nearby Share and ShareDrop features make your work easier by making sharing smoother and quicker. The feature is truly convenient for all Android users, as is the AirDrop feature of Apple.
If you know more about this ShareDrop and Nearby Share feature on Android, then feel free to share it with us and those who don’t know about these features. Do check out How To Fix eBay App Error